Working to improve outcomes for youth, communities, and youth-serving systems
CJI’S APPROACH TO YOUTH JUSTICE
• We create tailored plans based on the political, cultural, and organizational landscape.
• We understand what drives state and local partners.
• We help problem-solve and develop plans and solutions.
CJI’s youth justice team offers a nonpartisan, outcome-oriented approach and deep commitment to evidence-driven change. We equip policymakers, leaders, system stakeholders, and the community with skills and knowledge to improve youth justice systems.
With experience in over a dozen states, CJI understands what works for improving youth outcomes and for implementing better practices for justice system personnel.
Improving Community Supervision National Training and Technical Assistance Program
CJI, through funding from the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, is available to provide intensive training and technical assistance to competitively selected local, regional, and Tribal jurisdictions to meet the goals of the Second Chance Act.
If you’re interested in any of the following, we welcome you to apply!
• Improving outcomes for youth under community supervision.
• Building capacity and staff training
• Reducing admissions to confinement due to supervision violations.
• Reducing recidivism.
• Promoting public safety through system collaboration.
• Sharing your outcomes, lessons learned, and reforms with the field.