CJI works with state and local partners to improve the lives of young people who may interact with the youth justice system by driving change through evidence, data, and research from start to finish.
CJI’S APPROACH TO YOUTH JUSTICE
• We learn the political, cultural, and organizational landscape.
• We understand what drives partners.
• We help problem-solve and develop plans and solutions.
CJI’s youth justice team offers a nonpartisan, outcome-oriented approach and deep commitment to evidence-driven change. We equip policymakers, leaders, system stakeholders, and the community with skills and knowledge to improve youth justice systems.
With experience in over a dozen states, CJI understands what works for improving youth outcomes and for implementing better practices for justice system personnel.
CJI’S YOUTH JUSTICE WORK INCLUDES:
- Comprehensive system assessments with data analysis
- Identifying system drivers, including areas to improve
- Engaging with system and community stakeholders by organizing and facilitating roundtables
- Conducting legislative analysis and policy comparison from other jurisdictions
- Facilitating the development of policy recommendations and final reports
- Developing policy- and agency-specific implementation strategies
- Building customized processes to help states collect and analyze local data
- Delivering training and education on evidence-based practices for staff
- Developing performance reporting processes that monitor the progress of reforms
- Establishing processes to support ongoing implementation fidelity for assessment tools and community-based programming
- Developing long-term sustainability plans to maintain positive system changes